A delicate arrangement in pastel colors of pretty roses, gerberas, lilies, and lush greenery will help you to reveal your heart and carry the romantic message without words. Be a gentleman on Valentine’s Day, Anniversary, Mother’s Day or Just Because and the special lady in your life is sure to return your elegant gesture with her love and care!
”I have no idea why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day.
When I think about romance, a short, chubby toddler
coming at me with a weapon is the last thing on my mind”
Valentine’s Day is a romantic holiday of love. On this day each year people all around the world express their feelings of love, affection and friendship to those they care about. For all of us February, 14 is all about hearts, flowers, Valentine’s Day gifts and romantic dinners, right? Not exactly. Keep on reading for 14 weird things you never knew about Valentine’s Day:
– Valentine’s Day is believed to have originated during Roman Empire. Claudius II did not allow men to marry during wartime but bishop Valentine went against his wishes, and was put in jail for secretly performing wedding ceremonies for soldiers. During his time in jail, the Roman Romeo wrote a love note to the jailor’s daughter, signing it, “From your Valentine.”
– What was the Middle Ages equivalent of posting “Happy Valentine’s Day!” on the Facebook wall of your beloved one? Back then, both men and women wore the names of their beloved ones pinned to their sleeves. Actually, that’s where the expression “wearing your heart on your sleeve” has originated.
– What’s better than getting a romantic Valentine’s Day card in the shape of a heart? Well, in the 1920′s, it was a card shaped like a… tomato! Back in the day, tomatoes were also known as ‘love apples’.
– Hallmark produced its first valentine in 1913.
– The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare’s lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine’s Day.
– Valentine’s Day is the second largest card-sending holiday of the year after Christmas. One billion valentines are annually sent around the world and women purchase approximately 85% of them.
– Teachers receive the most valentines, followed by kids, mothers, wives and sweethearts.
– The first Valentine’s Day candy box was invented by Richard Cadbury in the late 1800s.
– More than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold for Valentine’s Day each year.
– Over 50 million roses are given each year for Valentine’s Day worldwide.
– Men spend nearly twice as much as women each Valentine’s Day.
– Thinking about proposing? It’s right about time, because February is the second most popular month (after December) for popping the question.
“Excellent service! My friend that I have ordered flowers for was away on the requested delivery date and was unreachable. But I had absolutely no trouble to reschedule the delivery date with you guys. Thanks for you help and great service.”
Sometimes less is more and all you need to express your feelings is to send your special someone an exquisite long-stemmed rose with a heart-shaped box of chocolates. Wrapped with greenery an elegant red rose signifies deep love, passion and devotion. For Valentine’s Day, Anniversary, Birthday or other occasion show your romantic side and give your significant other something special.
Give this picturesque bouquet to Russia of lush chrysanthemums, lilies and fresh greenery to let your dear one know that you are thinking of them. Hand-selected purple and yellow blooms blend perfectly and are carefully wrapped for a stylish and exquisite look. For a romantic touch there’s an option to add chocolates, plush teddy bear or jewelry. To make a surprise more formal add a cake, bottle of wine or a gourmet gift set.
“Nearly every week my lady receives roses, and the flowers are always wonderful. Have been using you weekly for about a year and you have never let me down. The service is perfect! Can’t thank you enough. Keep up the great work!”
Hugo W. (England, UK)
Surprise your special someone with a gift to Russia that is not only beautiful and tasty but also healthy and full of vitamins. On a snowy winter day let them indulge in the sweetness of juicy apples, crunchy pears, sunny oranges and their favorite chocolate treats. For a special occasion or as a romantic gesture, send this wonderful token that will strengthen and revitalize your relationships.
“Dear Russian Flora,
thanks for this discount and all your efforts regarding my order!!!
As well I would like to thank everybody who ever helped me with my orders in the past. Everything was always sooo successful and magnificent with my delivery!! I love this service from russianflora.com very much!! I always feel like a king when I use your service!!! Absolutely great!!!!!”
Even if there’s no particular reason for a holiday, celebrate your love and tender relationships by sending your special someone a romantic gift to Moscow. An elegant roses arrangement and a cuddly teddy bear holding a bottle of exquisite perfumes will make your dear recipient feel really special and loved.